Some Great Ideas For Celebrating Mother’s Day During COVID-19
Mother’s Day is such a beautiful and unique day to show your appreciation for the motherly figure in your life. Whether it’s your mom, your grandma, an aunt, or someone else, honoring that person might look a bit unconventional this year as we deal with the COVID-19 pandemic.
However, there are ways to be artistic and show your love this Mother’s Day. You can perform simple acts of kindness from your home. A small celebration or gesture can go a long way.
Here are some ideas of what families can do this Mother’s Day to show your love and appreciation.
What Families Can Do
- Breakfast in Bed. What mom wouldn’t want to wake up to coffee, Orange Juice, and eggs for breakfast? This is an easy, pleasant solution to make for mom.
- Create a Playlist. The idea of making a playlist with mom’s favorite songs will always be appreciated. Create a playlist that includes upbeat music that will encourage the whole family to dance.
- Flowers, Gifts, and Takeout. You still have time to order mom flowers or purchase a gift. Maybe some slippers, gardening tools, or candles will brighten her day. Or, if you want to host a special brunch or dinner for mom, you can order delivery to support local businesses.
The New Normal
- Virtual Gatherings. Many of us will celebrate Mother’s Day virtually this year. Host a get together on FaceTime, Skype, Zoom. Planning an online ‘party’ with music, laughter, and food in each home to spend Mother’s Day.
- Share Love on Social Media. If you’re on Facebook or Instagram, share a photo of you and mom with a special message. All of the likes and remarks will surely make mom smile.
- Family Walk. If the weather cooperates, be sure to get outside and take a socially-distanced walk with the family.
- Video Card. Can’t make it to the card store? No problem! Smartphones have made it easier than ever to record special thoughts that mom can keep forever. Make it a tradition and she can watch her child grow throughout the years. Bonus – it’s eco-friendly, too!.
From the betterpay family to yours, we wish all the mothers in this world a Happy Mother’s Day. #Iloveyoumom #betterpay
For more information on how we can help your business accept payments visit us at btrpay.com